Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Healthy Treat: Fruit Smoothie Bars (Froyo Pops)

Now this post is looonnnggg overdue! I've been wanting to share this recipe I found via Meg from Runner's Kitchen for months now but never had a chance to put it up. She used a different variation to make hers but it was pretty much the same thing I put into mine.

Key Ingredients/ Things You Need:


  • Frozen Fruit (I chose strawberries)
  • 1 c. Fage Greek Yogurt Plain (2%)
  • 1/2 c. Sugar (yes real granulated sugar)
  • 1/2 c. water
  • Lemon Juice
  • Popsicle Holders
  • Voila!
1. Bring water to boil, add sugar, and stir until sugar is dissolved. Put on low until you make a syrup.

2. Blend frozen fruit until well blended.

3. Combine syrup mixture, blended fruit, and plain yogurt. Blend again until well mixed.

4. Put mixture into popsicle tray and freeze until frozen. I froze them overnight.

5. Eat your treat!


Here are my results...and I promise I will get better with directions but I made these literally months ago, so thats what I can remember. I suck I know =/ but on to the pictures...dont they look good? Yum! Also I believe these came out to maybe 60 calories per popsicle AND yes I used REAL sugar! No fructose corn syrup either.

No comments:

Post a Comment