Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I Will Be A Runner!


So this morning my alarm clock went off this morning at 5:30 am and as I started to hit the snooze button because I tight it was malfunctioning, I realized that I had purposely set it for a run this morning. Even so I still didn't want to get up so I made a deal with myself (yep I make deals with myself) that if my weight had increased I would go to the gym and of my weight had deceased I would sleep in another 30 minutes. Sounds like a plan, right? Mmh yeah...so I weighed myself and wouldn't you know it, my weight stated the same :-/ After debating on what I should do for a few moments I decided to just put my clothes on and go for it! I ended up doing 1.86 miles (though I was pushing for  closer to 3) and  the treadmill kept inferring with my heart rate monitor, so my calories burned reading was off. Which sucks big time! At one point I set the incline to 2% to get the feel of outdoor running but my HR had increased so much, I had to drop it down so I wouldn't completely stop. I had maintained an average speed of 5.5 mph with a 4 minute warm up (thanks to not having set my playlist I fumbled with my phone to pick the right starting song) and walked to my car as the cool down since I was pushing time. I'm really scared of running by myself in the morning since I'm not a consistent runner (yet) but I think I'm going to just give it a shot. I work out at the local rec and it cost me $3 for the barely 30 minutes I'm there since they don't open until 6:00 and I need til leave out by 6:30 to get to work on time. One day I will be a runner!

No comments:

Post a Comment